To be successful in content creation, you must learn how to blog effectively.
Before we can answer the question of Blogging Effectively, we need to define the meaning of the word “effective,” and what it means for this article.
1. successful in producing a desired or intended result.
2. fulfilling a specified function in fact, though not formally acknowledged as such.Google English Dictionary
Based from the definition above, we can say that if we want to blog effectively, it could either mean that our blog would provide the desired result, or it could mean that our blog is able to fulfill a specified function of fact.
From this, I can go on and say that the definition we want is the first one – where in we want to be successful in producing or desired result. With regards to blogging, what is it? It’s producing articles worth reading, that’s what!
Therefore, how can we blog effectively? Here are five tips that can help you be a more effective blogger.
- Define your purpose. Before you can start writing, you need to identify what your writing will be for – will it be for entertainment, for sharing information, for driving more sales… By defining your purpose beforehand, you will be able to mold your writing in a manner that will be geared towards your purpose.
- Research. Writing off the top of your head is not enough. You need to have sufficient research to back up what you are typing. Information can either be from primary sources, or secondary sources of information. Primary sources are those that provide first hand account of an event, while secondary sources are those that provide interpretation, analysis, or evaluation of primary sources. (Primary and Secondary Sources, UNSW Libary)
- Your Titles Matter. If there is something I learned from journalism, is that titles are the key to grabbing your reader’s attention. However, the style of writing titles differ greatly between news writing and article writing, and the same also goes for the titles used for internet matters. I can go on and ramble more about how to write effective titles, but I can set that down for a different article. For now, know this – your titles need to have the keywords, phrases and style needed to not only grab your audience’s attention, but also enable search engines to find and read your site. An article entitled “SEO For Beginners” can fare better compared to a title with “Improving your Blog,” or something.
- The Introduction is Key. People are busy, and not a lot of them will have time to read an article that does not catch their attention. Therefore, to do this, you have to make them care about your writing as early as the first line of your article. If not, the rest of your article will be read by crickets.
- Blog Consistently. Blogging, like any other skill, needs to be polished and built with practice. Keep writing and reading, and learning. It is not an overnight process, rather it will take time and effort.
Do you consider yourself an effective blogger? Did I miss an important point that you wish to contribute? Please let me know in the comments!
If you wish to support me, aside from following this blog, please consider checking out my Ko-Fi page, or drop by my redbubble shop.
I hope you have a nice day.