Worried about screwing up,
Fearing for my life,
Searching for it to stop,
But all I have is strife.
Isolated and alone,
Safety is unknown.
Mind is racing
Last week was Holy Week.
Thanks to the pandemic, it seemed like an ordinary long weekend to me. Nothing much going on related to the event.
Living in a developing country with incompetent leaders is frustrating.
Here I am reading how most of the developed countries are in their second to third vaccination stages already, and in our country, the cases keep exponentially increasing again.
I did little to nothing, and it felt like the days went by so fast. Probably because most of the days were spent sleeping in.
I hope your Easter was more eventful than mine.
Have a nice day!
It’s summer here, but I don’t really feel the summer vibes.
Not only did it rain yesterday, with all the lockdown implemented, you can barely enjoy the time.
This feels like 2020 all over again.
In any case, I painted watermelons on the beach. I hope you like it.
If you like this post, please follow my blog where I sometimes post articles, and occasionally, digital art like this.
I hope you have a nice day.
I’m not saying it’s a bad thing, either.
Last weekend had been a somewhat productive day. I was able to get out and get some street and outdoor photography done. I will upload them in instagram soon.
We also managed to record content in advance for the wife’s channel, which is good. As the producer, it can be very stressful when production schedules are not being met, and deadlines with no output pass you by.
Last week was different. I was swamped.Continue reading “Being Productive Is Tiring”
To be successful in content creation, you must learn how to blog effectively.
Before we can answer the question of Blogging Effectively, we need to define the meaning of the word “effective,” and what it means for this article.
1. successful in producing a desired or intended result.
2. fulfilling a specified function in fact, though not formally acknowledged as such.Google English Dictionary
Based from the definition above, we can say that if we want to blog effectively, it could either mean that our blog would provide the desired result, or it could mean that our blog is able to fulfill a specified function of fact.
From this, I can go on and say that the definition we want is the first one – where in we want to be successful in producing or desired result. With regards to blogging, what is it? It’s producing articles worth reading, that’s what!
Therefore, how can we blog effectively? Here are five tips that can help you be a more effective blogger.
- Define your purpose. Before you can start writing, you need to identify what your writing will be for – will it be for entertainment, for sharing information, for driving more sales… By defining your purpose beforehand, you will be able to mold your writing in a manner that will be geared towards your purpose.
- Research. Writing off the top of your head is not enough. You need to have sufficient research to back up what you are typing. Information can either be from primary sources, or secondary sources of information. Primary sources are those that provide first hand account of an event, while secondary sources are those that provide interpretation, analysis, or evaluation of primary sources. (Primary and Secondary Sources, UNSW Libary)
- Your Titles Matter. If there is something I learned from journalism, is that titles are the key to grabbing your reader’s attention. However, the style of writing titles differ greatly between news writing and article writing, and the same also goes for the titles used for internet matters. I can go on and ramble more about how to write effective titles, but I can set that down for a different article. For now, know this – your titles need to have the keywords, phrases and style needed to not only grab your audience’s attention, but also enable search engines to find and read your site. An article entitled “SEO For Beginners” can fare better compared to a title with “Improving your Blog,” or something.
- The Introduction is Key. People are busy, and not a lot of them will have time to read an article that does not catch their attention. Therefore, to do this, you have to make them care about your writing as early as the first line of your article. If not, the rest of your article will be read by crickets.
- Blog Consistently. Blogging, like any other skill, needs to be polished and built with practice. Keep writing and reading, and learning. It is not an overnight process, rather it will take time and effort.
Do you consider yourself an effective blogger? Did I miss an important point that you wish to contribute? Please let me know in the comments!
I hope you have a nice day.
Productivity is not all about doing. Sometimes, nothing can amount to something.
How often do you have great ideas while taking a shower, sitting around or even just drinking your cup of coffee?Continue reading “Can Doing Nothing Make You More Productive?”
It’s easy – forget about it and move on.
Not to sound over simplistic, but I guess that is the only way to which we can continue living.
You lost, you screwed up, you are a loser. Fine.
But if you stay down and give up, you continue to be, and will forever be a loser.
I lost an important item, and I grieved over it. I was devastated and very much down. I can’t say that it was an easy process for me, it was very hard. I screwed up.
But if I want to continue moving forward, I have to push it aside – or in this case, push that memory deep down, and forget about it.
Lesson learned, move on.
Thanks for reading.
If you like this post, please follow my blog. I don’t usually post depressing things like my previous post. I used to cover literary things related to writing, but I find that I am not much of a novel writer. Probably just a short story writer. I do dabble in photography and videography, so I suggest you follow me on instagram if you want to see some of my works.
See you later.
My back-up external hard disk, which due to budget issues, became my primary storage for files, got corrupted last week.
My files are gone.
I am distraught, and I feel like throwing up.
It even led me to an existential crisis, making me think of dark, dark thoughts, on life and death, and what is the purpose of living, if we will just die and be forgotten.Continue reading “It’s All Gone”
I don’t feel like moving,
All of these, so tiring,
As the world is burning.
These burdens are heavy,
With no one to help me.
Piled up beyond safety,
This life’s a travesty.
This path that I’ve taken,
Has left me forsaken,
With trials and frustration,
And foul, dark emotion.
I’m exhausted, so tired.
I can’t move, I’m mired,
Just waiting to be expired.